Tiny Death Star (game)
From Disney Mobile, in partnership with LucasArts and Nimblebit, the makers of Tiny Tower, comes an all-new mobile game about everyone’s favorite space station, STAR WARS™: TINY DEATH STAR™!
Amidst a civil war in a galaxy far, far away, the Emperor is building a Death Star level by level, and he needs your help. Intergalactic war is expensive, and space stations are, too. Do you have any idea how much it costs to build one the size of a moon?
Live life on the dark side, and join Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader on a mission to attract Galactic bitizens, run intergalactic businesses, and build an all-new Death Star! With that hard-earned money, fund the Empire’s evil schemes to defeat the Rebels and conquer the galaxy once and for all!
With the power of the Dark Side, you’ll be able to… BUILD THE LARGEST DEATH STAR AROUND: Earn credits to expand your Death Star, and build over 80 types of Star Wars themed residential and commercial floors like Rebo’s Karaoke and Cloud City Spa!
HIRE STAR WARS GALACTIC BITIZENS: Attract over 30 unique species including Wookiees and Ewoks, and fulfill their dream jobs! Not everyone on the Death Star wants to be the Empire’s minion; some might just want to work at the local ice cream shop…
FUEL THE EMPIRE’S EVIL SCHEMES UNDERGROUND: Below the hustle and bustle of the businesses above, build secretive, underground imperial levels to craft special supplies that will aide your Imperial troops in the fight against the Rebels.
CAPTURE REBEL SPIES: As stealthy as your Death Star development may be, expect break-ins from Rebel spies such as Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, and more! Capture them before they escape!
UNLOCK ENTERTAINING STORY MOMENTS: While running your Death Star, keep your eyes peeled for new scenes featuring many of your favorite characters like Han Solo, Chewie, Jabba the Hutt, and more.
Hurry and get on your way to building the largest, most destructive space station in the galaxy!
October 12, 2013
- Original version submitted.
November 7, 2013
- Released for iTunes and Google Play
December 12, 2013
- Bug fixes and optimisation
November 20, 2013
- Fixed community reported bugs concerning VIP characters causing game to crash
- Lost connectivity now resets correctly
- Earn free Imperial Bux!
- Fixed community reported bug where Imperial Bux dipped into the negative
- Fixed issue with games resetting
- Fixed issue with players entering the gave with save progress already present
November 21, 2013
- Fixed bug with in-app purchases
The Empire invites you to observe the holiday season in the newest update:
- NEW, LIMITED-TIME VIP! Keep a lookout for the festive Imperial Decorator Droid, who will spread holiday cheer throughout the floors of your Death Star. Decorate enough levels to earn exclusive, limited-edition rewards!
- SPECIAL CHARACTER SURPRISES! Now you can deliver special characters with a question mark to any level you desire! Discover which levels will trigger special story moments for each character, and encounter other surprises along the way!
December 12, 2013
- Decoration Event starts. Music changes to include holiday bells. Decorator Droids start appearing.
- Boba Fett (Holiday Special) and Panna City Medicines available as event rewards.
- Limited Edition section appears in the Bitizens album, showing Boba Fett (Holiday Special).
December 16, 2013
Includes fixes to prevent Tower and Holiday content losses from happening again. If still affected, please email email@example.com with your user ID (found in Settings/HELP page in game) and any specific questions or feedback.
- UNEMPLOYMENT IS BACK! You can unemploy bitizens again, even if there aren’t any job openings.
- OTHER MUCH WANTED IMPROVEMENTS: Now receive fewer notifications from your Death Star. Plus, be on the lookout for more Imperial assignments from Lord Vader!
December 19, 2013
- RESET GAME ISSUES: If your game is reset to the Tutorial please quit the game and restart with a network connection. In most cases your game will reach out to our server and reconnect you with your saved game.
January 12, 2014
- Decoration Event ends. Decorations are removed from all levels. Music returns to normal.
The Empire has deployed an update to make your Death Star fully operational:
- IMPERIAL ASSIGNMENTS OVERHAUL: The Emperor has demanded more assignments to be completed, so Lord Vader has revamped the system and hired new Supply Officers. Assignments level now supports up to 3 holo-projected assignment givers. Imperial levels can assemble multiple resources on their own and by pairing with additional levels. As a reward for your service to the Empire, Assignments now provide additional rewards such as VIPs, Imperial Bux, Costumes, Levels and Characters!
- SPECIAL EVENTS: Check back often, and participate in special, limited-time events to protect your battle station. Earn brand new rewards for your valiant efforts!
- CARGO BAY FLOOR: All non-currency rewards are now shipped to your Death Star via the Cargo Bay. It’s the one stop shop to pick up your earnings from Imperial Assignments, Special Events and more.
- FACEBOOK INTEGRATION: Sign into Facebook to save your game across devices! Plus, see which of your other friends are also playing Tiny Death Star!
- Service to the Empire event starts. A Service button shows near the top right, where the Decoration Event button had been.
- Cargo Bay added.
- R2-Q5, R4-I9, R5-J2 and Imperial Marches added as event rewards.
- Bongo Sandwiches and Geonosis Apts added.
February 10, 2014
February 13, 2014
February 17, 2014
February 20, 2014
February 24, 2014
- Chiss HSP, Endor Adventure, Kashyyyk Shack, Endor Arms, Csilla Apts and Wookie Arms floors added but locked.
- The Galactic Registry: Series 1 section added to the Bitizens Album.
- Besalisks start to appear. Nien Nunb appears in the Rebel Heroes album section.
Continue expanding your Death Star with the newest update!
- NEW FEATURE: SALVAGE DROIDS! Do the Emperor's bidding and send Salvage Droids on missions deep into the galaxy to gather valuable resources for your Death Star. Collect exclusive floors, characters, and other rewards that you can't obtain anywhere else!
February 28, 2014
- Besalisk moved from "Galactic Registry: Series 1" to a new "Set 14"
- Vader Meditation scene renamed to Sith Meditation, to match its level.
March 1, 2014
- The Salvage Droid sub-game is introduced. Salvage Droids level added. Rewards include the previously locked levels and Galactic Registry Bitizens, delivered to the Cargo Bay.
March 3, 2014
- Cornelius Evazan starts appearing, listed in the "Cantina Crew" section.
- "Set 14" Bitizen set renamed "The Deep Core".
- Bitizens are now showing a count of their scenes in their portrait: showing total unlocked of total available.
March 14, 2014
- Grand Moff Tarkin moved from "Galactic Registry: Series 1" to the "Limited Edition" set.
- 36 new levels added!
- Food: Bantha Burger, Huttza Parlor, Star Smoothies
- Service: Nightsister's, Teras Kasi Dojo
- Recreation: Puttie Course, Galaxies Opera, Holonet Cafe
- Retail: Holocron Library, Holocomic Shop, Swoop Shop, Hiwalker Shoes, Slicer Datapads, Speeder Dealer
- Residential: Balnab Apts, Kadavo Apts, Hoth Apts, Duros Apts, Mandalore Apts, Lotho Minor Apts, Bespin Apts, Yavin Apts, Onderon Apts, Quarzite Apts, Ryloth Apts, Rodian Apts, Naboo Apts, Nautolan Apts, Alderaan Apts, Togruta Apts, Besalisk Apts, Bothan Apts, Kamino Apts, Florrum Apts, Gran Apts, Ugnaught Apts
- No new game/version text. Just a repeat from 1.4.0
March 17, 2014
- bug fixes, presumably. No changes noted.
March 21, 2014
- Spring Decoration Event starts. The Service button shows again near the top right.
- Grand Moff Tarkin and Overbridge made available as Decoration Event rewards.
March 31, 2014
- Spring Decoration Event ends. Imperial Banners are removed from the levels, and the Service button is removed.
- Elevators speed decreased.
- NB200 Commercial Lift - 8 →6 PPM
- Insta-Lift 2000 SE Lift - 12 →10 PPM
- Ulta-Lift 3000 Extreme Lift - 16 →14 PPM
- Infini-lift Lightspeed Lift - 42 →20 PPM
- Minor bug fixes and optimized performance
August 6, 2014
- In-game ads added after the Emperor's initial report.
- Besalisk removed from the game?, along with the Deep Core section in the Bitizens list.
- A bug has resulted in most of the Bitizens from the Limited Edition and Galactic Registry showing up with the wrong character icons.
October 3, 2014
- Disney has decided to focus on more essential titles, and has removed Tiny Death Star from the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store. Game development has ceased, though still playable by people who previously downloaded it. All Limited Edition levels and Bitizens, if not previously earned, are now permanently unavailable.
September, 2015 (roughly)
- The central server is shut down. The game still works on individual devices, but overall game play can no longer be saved to the Cloud or moved between devices. Similarly, the online store for buying Bux is also now gone -- Bux will only be earnable the hard way. (special guests, etc)